PE and sport premium
We are passionate about Sport and PE at Whittington CE Primary School. We provide a wide range of opportunities for children to participate in intra-school (in our school) and inter-school (with other school) sport and to develop and healthy sense of competition.
Schools must use PE and sport premium funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport on offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that a school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Please see below for details of our performance in inter-school competition (2016-17).
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.